Student Permit

What is a Student permit?

This is a permit which allows person to enter Malawi and study at an approved Educational Institution.

Who can apply

Any foreign national who intends to study in Malawi or conduct educational research.

How and where do I apply for the permit ?

One can apply by submitting a Student Permit application form and supporting documents /information at the Immigration Headquarters or Regional Immigration Offices for processing after payment of the appropriate fees.

What will happen when I make my application?

The application will be submitted to Chief Immigration Officer for decision. Once a decision is made you will be formally notified if your application has been approved or rejected.

Can I renew my permit ?

A Student Permit can be renewed through submission of a Student Permit Renewal Application Form and supporting documents/information at the Regional Immigration Offices or Headquarters. Applications for renewal must be submitted 3 months before the expiry of the permit( validity period).